This page contains all advisories related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), published by the DTI-EMB.
Memorandum Circular No. 20-11 s. 2020
Prescribing Guidelines for Additional Business Activities Allowed to Operate to Ensure the Steady Supply of Basic Necessities and Essential Commodities, Supplementing MC 20‑08, s.2020
"NOW THEREFORE, foregoing premises considered, these supplemental guidelines to MC 20-08, s.2020 are hereby provided:
- The operation of other economic activities in the supply chain of food and essential products, medicine and medical products, such as production of raw and processed materials, packaging and other inputs, including the manufacturing and distribution thereof, shall be allowed.
- Establishments may operate at a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of their respective workforces, unless the supply level of such products warrants a higher capacity, in which case, the DTI is authorized to approve the increase of workforce capacity temporarily. Given the urgent need to increase the supply level of critical medical devices such as PPEs, surgical masks, the operations thereof can be at full capacity.
- The increase in manpower requirement shall be subject to the strict implementation of social distancing, good hygiene and infection control measures.
- Businesses permitted to operate are strongly encouraged to provide temporary accommodations and shuttle services within the vicinity, for workers to limit their movement.
- The policy on unhampered movement of cargoes and workers of the above permitted economic activities is hereby reiterated. As emphasized by President Rodrigo Duterte on 19 March 2020, the same is a national policy to be implemented in all Local Government Units (LGUs) nationwide.
Copy of this Memorandum Circular shall be presented to the Department of the Interior and Local Government, Philippine National Police, and LGUs in quarantine control points for strict implementation by all concerned."